(words chosen in homage to Lao Tse
in his Tao Te Ching)
THE TEN THOUSAND CREATURES:
the living beings
THE HUNDRED FAMILIES:
the human beings
the one who rules
the one who knows
the one who serves
THE SAGE: the sage
A little note for fun...
- Won’t you give me five hundred euros, I am a little short at the moment?
- Here they are, I will gladly lend them to you.
- No, no, I told you to “give”, not to “lend” them to me.
- Why do you want me to give them to you?
- Ten years ago, John was a little short, he had asked me to give him five hundred euros; I gave them to him.
- Excuse me, but I don’t see the connection. You ought to ask them to him.
- You know, he is less rich than you are.
- You are a bother! I agree with giving you anything you want, but don’t pop up with such silly reasons!
- All right, all right, keep safe your five hundred euros, besides I don’t need them.
- What nonsense are you talking of?
- Forget it... By the way, have you got your pension?
What does that have to do with anything?
- The pension you get, is also a donation, which people of today make to you.
The Thought of the Day
by Serge Bassenko
Todos los derechos reservados 2000