(words chosen in homage to Lao Tse
in his Tao Te Ching)
THE TEN THOUSAND CREATURES:
the living beings
THE HUNDRED FAMILIES:
the human beings
the one who rules
the one who knows
the one who serves
THE SAGE: the sage
- I cannot use the landline telephone anymore!
- Is it broken down?
- You can say so.
- How so?
- As soon as I get close to it, it tells me that it is busy.
- Call the complaints.
- Oh, I often did it!
- What did they answer you?
- Iím hanging up in one minute, Dad!
- I see; your daughter is stuck on the phone.
- Buy her a mobile.
- Iíve thought about it many times, but my brother-in-law advised me against it.
- How so?
- Sheíll be stuck on the phone.
- I think sheís already stuck, isnít she?
- She is eight years old.
- I am aware of it.
- He says that I wonít know what she is talking about, nor to whom.
- You donít even know what she is talking about, nor to whom when she is outside.
- You are right.
A few days later.
- What about this mobile?
- It's done!
- What has your brother-in-law said?
- He asked me if I had bought a mobile for the cat too.
- Very funny! What did you answer him?
- Yes; I told him that the cat was not a trouble, because it only phoned on the landline telephone when we were sleeping!
The Thought of the Day
by Serge Bassenko
THE MASTER HAS BENT THE BRANCH
AND THE SAGE WITHDRAWS
(智者 之 書)