(words chosen in homage to Lao Tse
in his Tao Te Ching)
THE TEN THOUSAND CREATURES:
the living beings
THE HUNDRED FAMILIES:
the human beings
the one who rules
the one who knows
the one who serves
THE SAGE: the sage
A little note for fun...
- Won’t you give me five hundred euros, I am a little short at the moment?
- Here they are, I will gladly lend them to you.
- No, no, I told you to “give”, not to “lend” them to me.
- Why do you want me to give them to you?
- Ten years ago, John was a little short, he had asked me to give him five hundred euros; I gave them to him.
- Excuse me, but I don’t see the connection. You ought to ask them to him.
- You know, he is less rich than you are.
- You are a bother! I agree with giving you anything you want, but don’t pop up with such silly reasons!
- All right, all right, keep safe your five hundred euros, besides I don’t need them.
- What nonsense are you talking of?
- Forget it... By the way, have you got your pension?
What does that have to do with anything?
- The pension you get, is also a donation, which people of today make to you.
The Thought of the Day
by Serge Bassenko
WITH THE HUNDRED FAMILIES'
THE PRINCE IS NOT SATIATED
AND TO SURVIVE
THE SAGE DEPRIVES
THE HUNDRED FAMILIES
(智者 之 書)